Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.opelikagivingday.org.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Community Foundation of East Alabama may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-Mail Address
- Phone Number
If you donate to the Community Foundation of East Alabama, transactions are made through a third-party site via PayPal©. Billing and Credit Card information is used to complete the donation transaction.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional or non-personal information in the future.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Community Foundation of East Alabama collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
The Community Foundation of East Alabama may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products, services, and programs available from the Community Foundation of East Alabama and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
The Community Foundation of East Alabama does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
The Community Foundation of East Alabama may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the Community Foundation of East Alabama, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. The Community Foundation of East Alabama may disclose your personal information, without notice if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Community Foundation of East Alabama or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights of property of the Community Foundation of East Alabama; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Community Foundation of East Alabama, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by the Community Foundation of East Alabama. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Community Foundation of East Alabama website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronics Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligations; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Community Foundation of East Alabama does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask a parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time-to-time, the Community Foundation of East Alabama may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from the Community Foundation of East Alabama or click on a link therein.
Changes to this statement
The Community Foundation of East Alabama welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that the Community Foundation of East Alabama has not adhered to this statement, please contact the Community Foundation of East Alabama at:
The Community Foundation of East Alabama
P.O. Box 165
Opelika, AL 36803
Effective as of May 3, 2021